Ramble On

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Half Dome Fire 2014


Over the years I've put up a couple of posts about the Half Dome summit hike Chris and I did back in 2005, and then my return trip to Yosemite in 2010 - all labeled with the tag Half Dome, if you want to check them out.  So, as the news about the fire in little Yosemite Valley has come out, naturally I'd follow it with interest.

Here are a couple of photos I snagged from USA Today, which have apparently originated with Twitter users.  If I knew the sources I'd credit them, but you can probably find the images on the web as well.

As of yesterday, the fire had burned about four square miles up in Little Yosemite.  That is a popular campground along the main route to the Half Dome Summit.  Hopefully they'll get the fire under control soon, but I heard yesterday they had to evacuate hikers off of the mountain.

Be careful out there - be aware this kind of thing could happen any time out in the wild.

No comments: